Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mabel Introduces Herself and Reads Charley's First Night.

Hello. I am your new dog-blogger, Mabel Davenport. My BFF (who has yet to understand the reciprocal nature of that relationship) feels that all members of my nation need a full name, hence the Davenport. That is one of her favorite words, I guess.  Sounds distinguished, agree?

Having read the many blogs of my predecessor, GB (Mrs. George Burns), I have picked up a few pointers and believe that I can continue her legacy with just the right splashes of snark and sincerity.

Here we go - keeping you in the know about what  what is happening in my world. BFF is reading a book called Summer of 69. I bet it is about the summer of 69 so there will be lots of turmoil, unrest and searching.  I see a used envelope in something called Perfume.  There are other people scents on it...seems like Sue and Larry Shimon might belong to this one. On the phone BFF said she watched the movie about the smelly book. There was a murder.   A torn Festival receipt is hanging out of Tombstone.  Can't wait for her to tell me more about that one.  So far I know it's about the Earp brother, Doc Holliday and the shootout at the OK Corrall.  That sounds exciting.

In the meantime, BFF gave me Charley's First Night and I liked it.  Henry takes real good care of Charley who is not as strong, or brave as me.  Charley cries a lot at night.  He would like to sleep with Henry, but the bigs won't let that happen.  This is my favorite part - one night, probably the first night, Charley cries so hard that Henry gets out of bed, picks him up and they look at the moon together.  So far, I haven't seen the moon.  I think this book is a nice step by step guide for us puppies who want to take over a household and maybe even wiggle their way into a few hearts.  This is nice stuff, people.  I will read it again and again until I have all the rules figured out, just like Charley did.  I like the pictures best.  On the last page, guess where Charley and Henry are?  I'm not there yet, but  believe me, it won't be long.

Well, that is my first run at this. It was fun. I might not read another book for a while.  BFF says my taste in books is more about the paper than the words.  Nothing wrong with that in my book (hey, did I make a pun?) So far, book paper is my favorite, better than newspaper or grocery bags.  There is a lot more paper to try but I will give you my final recommendations another time.

Now I am supposed to say Thanks for stopping by.
Your very distinguished dog-blogger, Mabel Davenport

No comments:

Post a Comment