Monday, August 17, 2020

Guest Blogger

Guest bloggers pop up when least expected.  Far away Steve seems to have a psychic connection of some sort and sends me postable emails when I am in a reading slump.  The pooch takeovers happen randomly, adding bits of tail wagging happiness to my days.  

Sad to say I can't even tell you the name of today's guest blogger.  Although she never intended to make an appearance on Fine Print on a Monday,  I just couldn't pass up sharing this moment. 

Yes, I read the Mary Trump book. People have been asking and I have shared a few, simple opinions. So far, I have chosen not to take a detailed stab at this one.  Our mystery blogger/customer and her husband came over on the ferry.  Well dressed, mid-forties, polite.  She spotted the book and began a controlled, articulate monologue. She went right down his list of sins, reaching back to his behavior before the election, his campaign practices, and just about every move he has made since taking the oath of office.  

She wasn't just spewing headline news stuff; she had stats, she made historical references, and quoted the constitution. At one point she used the phrase "when I represent someone in court..." so I got the point - she's a lawyer.  A very upset lawyer. I got the impression variations of this speech have been given many times before - cocktail party stuff, perhaps.

She eventually wound down and got around to directing her comments to the book.  "My final thoughts on this book are that the Trump family is dysfunctional and Donald is..." here she hesitated, and I could tell she was searching for the right word, perhaps not wanting to offend me with anything too strong.

Then our intelligent, well-informed, word savvy customer continued,  "Donald Trump is a big booger."


I leave you with that.

Thanks for stopping by.

Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment