Wednesday, January 5, 2022

LaDeDa Books - no beans about it.


 
Too much time has passed since my last post. This post won't be about books, but rather about some changes here at LaDeDa.  First, let me tell you about the new logo and window signs.  You may notice something missing from our name...and beans!  Yup, sorry to say, we no longer offer coffee or specialty drinks.  State health codes have changed, and along with those changes come requirements for some new equipment.  The expense of those upgrades didn't seem logical to me, and so we are now simply LaDeDa Books.

We appreciated our previous logo, designed and gifted to us by Milwaukee artist and theatre friend, Brian Gilmer.  It served us well for twenty-five years, and hope to have many long years with our new logo and window signs.  In the coming months, we will be experimenting with some new lines to fill the space once occupied by our beloved espresso machine.

Winter sure does complicate life in so many ways, and if you're like me, you'd just as soon stay home, wrapped in a blanket, with a cup of cocoa, a dog, and book.  If that describes you and you just don't don't want to leave home to do some book browsing you can shop on line at bookshop.org.  It works just like other on-line resources but - you know what? - you can have the fine folks at bookshop.org  send us (or another indie bookstore of you choice) the profits.  They will send the books right to your door.  It's a nice way to support local even when it might not be possible for you to get out and do so.

What am I reading?  Each year I pick a reading theme and try to stick as closely to it as possible.  This year I have decided to read those books I missed while growing up.  It seems I went directly from Nancy Drew to The Grapes of Wrath.  Of course there will be other books on my list; our book group has chosen Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney for our January meeting. But for right now, I'm starting with Black Beauty.  If you have other suggestions for me, please send them to me on our FB page.

Happy trails until next time
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment