Monday, March 10, 2008

Why? What? When?


I don't really know why I thought that LaDeDa needed a blog. Generally, I tend to be a few technological steps behind the masses (retro-techinical?!), but thought it wise to jump on the blogwagon sooner than later. There's a lot to be said for sharing words about words, and we do a lot of that here in our store every day. People share ideas, we learn from them, and try to pass on what we can. Hopefully, this will help us reach more of you.


As for what I'll include...that will depend on what muse is canoodeling when I sit down to write, but, I currently have a list of topics that will keep my fingers flying for years. Of course, books and reading will be a major theme, but there is so much good going on in the Lakeshore that I will try to comment on that as well. Maybe you'll get some behind the scenes scoops from Heart-A-Rama!
This is our 11th year in business, and much of that is due to many generous and loyal employees. Customers often ask, "Where is Emily? What's Jacque doing? Is Greg still in town? How are things for Jenny and the farm? " With their permission, I will keep you posted on the exciting lives of our former employees, and valued friends.

Since I have this wacky image of Emily and Jacque one very hot Krazy Daze in downtown Manitowoc, I will begin with them...next time!

As for now...well, Mondays are my days set aside to write, hence the blog name. So, check back next week, and in the meantime, keep turning pages!

What am I reading? I Hear Voices by Jean Feraca.