Friday, August 6, 2010

It's Dog Blog Time!

Finally! It's Showtime and You Know Who is too busy to write even a paragraph for her faithful readers. Harrumph! Harrumph I say! Never fear, dear readers (was that not a nicely turned phrase for a pup?) I will not desert you. I have been waiting for this chance to tell you about two of my new best favorite books.

Let's start with Dodsworth in New York. What a story! Jeepers, did I laugh. My laugh is great. I wish you could hear it. It sounds sort of like when a mosquito flies down your throat and you have to get it out cuz it tickles. YKW always thinks I'm having some sort of attack when that happens; she just doesn't get it.


Well, Dodsworth is a mole, I think, but he's still cute even if that is what he is. He likes to travel. Dodsworth packs his little suitcase, jumps in a taxi and goes places. In this book he goes to New York. He meets a duck at Hodges' Cafe, and the duck tags along with Dodsworth. Dods , as I like to call him, tries to hide from the duck, but the duck always finds him. What a hoot. I mean, just think about it...a duck following you to the movies, to museums, to the Statue of Liberty. Dodsworth is so nice that he won't just walk up to that pesty duck and say "Duck, this is my vacation, go away." that is exactly what I would do.
This was a very long book to read between naps, growling, shaking my stuffed pepper, and entertaining the owner, but I plan to read more. Dodsworth in London and Dodsworth in Paris should fill my winter months.



Broadway Barks is also about New York. Douglas is a nice doggy who is waiting to be found. He remembers all the cozy parts about having a family like the walks, and the good dinners. One day, he is found, polished up, and given a job in show biz! He sings, he dances, he does tricks. I do all those things too, but you can bet your life I'll never let on to YKW or else she'll drag me out of my nice warm bed, and put me in of those goofy shows of hers.

So, that's my DogBlog for today. What is YKW reading? Well, I saw her dragging around a copy of Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy, the same guy who wrote something called Tess of the Durbervilles. I think I saw her crying, but she would say it was allergies. Maybe she is missing her only friend, Karen, who is on a mortorcycle trip to Alaska with her husband, Steve. I bet their butts are sore. She'll probably tell you about it soon, the book, not the trip or the butts.


Hey, go see "Rumpelstiltskin" at UW-Manitowoc - Thursday at 7, or Saturday at 1:30 and 3:30.