Thursday, June 2, 2011

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children: The Book Trailer!

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children: The Book Trailer! Click on this title to watch.



This week, my plan was to talk about this peculiar book about peculiar kids. To my surprise, I received this cool video about this very book last week. How peculiar! The video does a much better job than I ever could, and this way, you get to see some of the pictures that are in the book. Enjoy!




Be patient! After clicking on the link, you might have to wait a bit for the trailer to load. Fans of The Mysterious Benedict Society series, The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry, and the Pseudonumous Bosch series, as well as the Sisters Grimm books will enjoy this quirky story. Oddly enough, it is published by Quirk Books!




What an I reading? Watching "The Tudors" on BBC America got me back into an Elizabethen/ Renaissance state of mind, and so I picked up The Queen's Governess, by Karen Harper. Talk about strange coincidences....the day I got to the beheading of Anne Boleyn, that scene ran on the TV series. The book's account was easier to handle.




I also dug into ZZ Packer's short story collection, Drinking Coffee Elsewhere.




....For those of you who kindly read my HTR column which appears on the first Sunday of each month, don't fret. Ben, the Lifestyles editor, had to do some rearranging, and so you'll see it next Sunday. Let me know if you have topic ideas, please.