Monday, November 4, 2019

Catch and Kill Part 2

Years ago, while visiting New York, a deli worker asked me where I was from. When I told him - Wisconsin - he replied, "Oh, Wisconsin, that's where all the wholesome people come from."  Of course, it's naive to believe that is 100% true, but it's nice to know that on some level, that's the image we portray.  The people in this book are beyond despicable, and there are so so many of them.  Sure, I keep my eyes open and know that all is not rosy in our little community; still if we have unethical, deplorable people here, I am glad I don't know them.

There's really not much more I can say about this book without retracing Farrow's harrowing years of investigation and intimidation. Farrow hit road blocks, detours, dead ends and,  gunpoint threats with every step he took to expose Harvey Weinstein's years of abuse.  He would be right on the verge of finding  a brave woman ready to go on record to tell her horror story, and suddenly, without explanation, her willingness would fade - no, her willingness turned  to fear.  Time and time again he uncovered evidence of abuse of power and corruption everywhere from Hollywood to Washington. DC.  

The book is exhausting.  Farrow takes us along with him every step of the way as he works to chisel away all the layers that insulated Weinstein. What he found was shocking, ugly and scary.  Money, power, corruption - we all know they exist, but seeing those three working together to destroy careers and lives without remorse, makes one shudder.  My final word, read this book but don't lose sight of the fact that there are still wholesome people in the world.

Thanks for stopping by.



































farrow did

No comments:

Post a Comment