Monday, April 11, 2011

David Sedaris on Letterman



Here's a short David Sedaris clip from the David Letterman show. I have been a fan of Sedaris for a while now, but it hasn't always been that way. Years ago, when the store first opened, I was intrigued, and somewhat frightened by the cover of Barrel Fever. I attempted to read the first essay, with no success.


Then, Sedaris began turinng up everywhere...on Letterman, in The New Yorker, on tour at the Appleton PAC. Suddenly he had a sort of cult following. The slight little guy, with the funny little voice soon became my go-to writer when I need a laugh, or when I simply don't have time to concentrate on a more complex plot. Over time, I have found that he is not for everyone, and I have to be careful about recommending his work with reckless abandon.


So, enjoy this clip. Maybe you will become a fan of this guy who won't put a decent bio on his website.



********If you haven't gotten your Heart-A-Rama tickets, better add that project to your to-do list. They're going fast, and no matter how nice you are, we will not let you in without a ticket! You can get them at the Pig or at Inman's. Now, get dressed and go get some.